Friday, September 19, 2008


Our blog will be updated on Monday as Emily, our blogger for the week, has asked for an extension. She would like to be given the weekend to write about our "Talk Like a Pirate Day" party on Friday, and she didn't feel like she had adequate time.

Emily, your wish is our command.

Stay tuned for Emily's much anticipated blog.


Hello! Emily speaking or I guess you could say writing. This week has been fun as always.

On Monday we started something called working in the lunch room. This includes washing dishes, serving food, washing the tables, and being hall monitors. This is very fun for us all.

On Tuesday we had a rodeo assembly. We enjoyed hearing what activities were going to be a the rodeo.

On Wednesday we read "The Sea of Monsters" for the second time. We enjoyed hearing about Percy's friend Tyson. Of course not the Tyson in our class. We all know that he's not hairy. We also enjoyed hearing about Annabeth who purposely stabbed an evil, I guess you could say giant. Yeah for Annabeth! She saves the day!

It was also Mr. Prince Day who is now and forever our favorite Grand Marshal--not to mention all the little cowgirls and cowboys running around. Oh and I forgot to say that he was the birthday boy!

On Thursday we all finished our pirate place mats that included drawing the compass rose, crinkling it up, and laminating. It was fun to color it too.

On Friday we had a pirate party. We enjoyed learning pirate phrases like 'ahoy matey' and 'arg! me hearty.' We also ate sea biscuits and stick candy. We colored pirate pictures and listed to Pirates of the Caribbean music. Sounds pretty much like all weird pirate stuff. Well it was except take out the weird part.

So we pretty much had a terrible week--just kidding!

P.S. Also on Friday we all got our own pirate name. Mine was "Parrot-Got-Me-Eye Ramona."


5 comments:

val said...

Great post, Parrot-Got-Me-Eye-Ramona! So fun to read about your week, and so fun to see your cute personality as you write. Thanks for the fun update! Arg!

Anonymous said...

Sound like more fun than school work to me! :) Fourth grade seems to be flying by with all the cool stuff you are all learning. I enjoy reading about the weeks through the eyes of you kids. Great job on the blog. I look forward to reading more.
Trey's mom
PS, Where's a pirates favorite place to eat?.... ARRRRRRRby's Mate!

Mindy said...

Can I come to class with you some day? I do pop in a lot to see what's going on and it seems like you have the best teacher ever. Fourth grade was not as fun in my day!
You wrote a very cute blog. You have a gift for writing I would say.
Mrs. Case (Christians mom)

Kitty said...

Parrot-Got-Me-Eye-Ramona, good job on blogging.

Elise Hafen said...

Thats my girl!
love you lu lu
you did a great job on your blog!!!

 
Hughes Net
Hughes Net