Thursday, October 16, 2008


Howdy 4th grade fans. Mrs. Drummond here. The last week and a half were very busy.


On Monday, we got new chairs for our classroom! Gone are the heavy, old, yellow chairs with the many broken parts. We now have brand-spankin' new, lighter, granite chairs. Too bad they didn't come equipped with an automatic pillow for those seemingly long days.

On Wednesday we had our annual field trip to Staheli's Farm. The students participated in special mini classes made especially for 4th graders. They saw live animals, learned about bees, learned how long it takes to make a pizza (would you believe 5 years!), and also had a slice of pizza and chocolate milk. We came back to school and had a picnic on the lawn. All in all it was a fun day and a nice change from the norm.
A big heart-felt thanks to the volunteer parents who accompanied us on our field trip. You make my job easier.

On Friday we held our weekly roping contest. Zach and Brynlee were our esteemed winners for the week. Congrats you two.

This week is a short one (Hurrays all around).

On Tuesday, the students played a Jeopardy game about the Greek Gods and The Lightning Thief. For the rest of the day I had the theme song stuck in my head.

We also started our cute Halloween decorations with the help of Mrs. Jepsen, Mrs. Hafen, and Mrs. Gooch (thank you gals). Hopefully there are over 2 dozen mini crashing witches adorning your homes by the time I write this blog.

On Wednesday, we finished up our Halloween witches (thanks Mrs. Hafen). We also got our long awaited Walk-a-thon party (smoochies to Mrs. Aikens).

The students got their Great Harvest bread and butter and fruit treats. They also got an hour of the infamous Jumpin' Jax slide. I even braved the stairs (it was really more of a hike) to hurtle my tender body down the steep slide. What a rush. Not to be out-done by me, Mr. Esplin AND Mrs. Aikens followed suit and went down the slide as well. Can I get a big hip hip hooray for the old people?

Soooo I hope you all have a great Fall Break and come back all relaxed and ready to start school again on Monday, October 20th.

Let me just mention that's it nearly time for the Halloween panic. Yay me.

This is Mrs. Drummond signing out as my guest blogger. Toodles.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That jumping jack party was a blast. I need to figure out the best way to send you the pictures. I still have cute ones from the farm too.
I heard you watched the Archery at the Huntsman Games, thats one event I did not make it out to, I hope it was great.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs Drummond, my mom loves the crashing witch! I had fun at the farm. did you see the donkey? It was hiding.


love Gabby

val said...

We loved our crashing witch too, they turned out soooo cute! And thanks for letting me hang out at your party too... so much fun!

 
Hughes Net
Hughes Net