Friday, October 3, 2008

Hi! My name is Katarina. I am the blogger of the week. This is my story.

Monday –
I love mornings! Today we had computers. I think computers are fun. I love reading the Sea of Monsters and going to recess.

After lunch things get harder. Today we did an angle assignment in Math. I struggled, but I made it. At the end of the day I beat Tyson in checkers! Then we stacked and packed and went home.

Tuesday –
It was a busy morning. First computers, then library, then reading Sea of Monsters, then P.E. – Whew!

Today we had one of my favorite lunches – Teriyaki Chicken with rice – Yum! A good lunch makes the afternoon go by fast.

Wednesday –
In the morning we went to music. We are learning to play the recorder. We practiced the notes G – A – B a million times. We can play two songs, “Mary had a Little Lamb” and “Cross Hot Buns”. The music is a little squeaky and it hurts your ears.

In the afternoon we had a sub, Mrs. Nyberg, and we worked on Scholastic News. Tonight we have a homework assignment to read with our parents about President Jefferson and a big piece of cheese.

Thursday –
I went to the orthodontist and got my spacer off. My mouth feels weird but better. When I got to school we were making comic strips.
Mine is about a girl who plays a joke on her friend.

This afternoon we made fraction slips and it was really fun.

Friday –
In the morning we had the roping tournament. Today I got zero, but I had fun! We did a check-up test to get us ready for the Math test. We had a short recess. Then we did the Math test.

We had a problem with kids sneaking into the classroom during lunch, so we didn’t get to play Schoolopoly. Hopefully we will get to play on Monday.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Kat,
Good job on writing so much. Its hard to do some times. I love to read these blogs because it makes me feel like I am in the class with you. We moms wonder what you do all day there at school without us.
Mindy (christians moms, or sister case to you)

Elise Hafen said...

kat
I loved reading your blog
Emily is really having fun learning to play the recorder also
and i loved how you added in what you had for lunch
you are awesome!!!

andi watkins said...

hi Kat,
We loved your blog post, its nice to get a review of what is going on in class.
Gabby loves the sea of monsters too!
looks like you have a really fun class!
Andi (Gabby's mom)

val said...

Hey Kat, what a fun post you did! I love the day-by-day play-by-play! I think I learned those same songs when I was in 4th grade on a recorder...squeaks and all! Great job!

 
Hughes Net
Hughes Net